Cycle 2.12.1 / 2022-11-02
- Updated Apache Commons Text Library from version 1.2 to version 1.10 to address any potential security vulnerability associated with other Cycle dependencies affected by CVE-2022-42889.
- Added a Step that supports a user-friendly approach to copying environmental configuration data from one environment to another via a Feature File: I extract data from MOCA source to “<DIRECTORY> using config file “<CONFIG_FILE_PATH>” . Contact us for more information about our solution for environmental configuration data migration!
- Added an in-app guide pointing new Cycle users to a repo of useful example features
- Added a link to Cycle University to the Help Menu
- Enabled passwords stored in third-party secure password managers to be injected into tests by leveraging environment variables in Saved Credentials or Config files
- An error message will now be provided if the file path specified in the Step I assign values from config file "<CONFIG_FILE_PATH>" to variables does not exist; previously, this Step would pass if the file path did not exist
- Enhanced the Pendo integration in Cycle to support version-specific in-app help guides and usage data
- Fixed an issue that caused duplicate web reports to be created when a user had web reports and datastore reporting both turned on
- Fixed an issue that caused the Example Sets Editor to open in an error state that did not allow users to add columns or save changes (PLEASE NOTE: There is still an issue saving Example Sets in the Example Sets Editor when using an MS SQL Server data store. The fix for MS SQL Server is still in progress.)
- Fixed an issue that caused Cycle tests to either fail or hang when the Steps I save terminal screenshot and I save screenshot were both used in the same Feature
- Fixed an issue that caused report completion messages and notifications to point to an incorrect web report path
- Fixed an issue that prevented variables set using CSV files from being recognized in Groovy scripts
Cycle 2.11.0 / 2022-07-26
- Added a new Summary (Default) Web Report Template option in Reporting Settings
- Added a new browser option for "Edge IE Mode" to Web Steps to support testing of systems that rely on Internet Explorer, which is no longer supported by Microsoft as of June 15, 2022
- Added Pendo integration to enable usage data collection in support of data-driven product improvements, and publishing of in-app user guides
- Added a new IBM iSeries DB2 database Step: I connect to iSeries "<CONNECTION>" logged in as "<CREDENTIALS>"
- Changed default Web Report Template to Summary (Default); previously, the Detailed Web Report template was the default
- Improved performance of Summary and Detailed Web Reports so they generate more quickly
- Updated format of Summary Web Report and Detailed Web Report to match Cycle Labs standard style and design
- Upgraded bundled OpenJDK instance to version 1.8.0_331 for enhanced security
- Fixed an issue where an error occurred with the Step_ I copy text inside element <element> from character x through y in web browser_ due to incorrect character indexing if the final position was the last character
- Fixed the Cycle-CLI argument --settings so it is now recognized when used
- Fixed "Send Test Email" button in Reporting Settings, so it no longer creates multiple notification windows and causes Cycle to hang until force closed
- Fixed Cycle Labs copyrights
- Fixed Step I verify MOCA status is not <STATUSNUMBER> so it now properly checks status number is not number in Step
- Fixed Steps with incorrect references to replacement Steps
- Fixed Cycle-CLI sending zero instead of the nonZero exit code in non-passing situations
Cycle 2.10.0 / 2022-04-11
- Fixes an issue that caused the internal H2 database to lock with the following error during group tests executed by Cycle-CLI: Exception in thread "main" org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLNonTransientConnectionException: Database may be already in use: "Locked by another process:"
- Fixes an issue that caused combined variables containing angle brackets to display improperly in Output Panel and web reports
- Changes the way Cycle is built and packaged to unlock additional performance gains seen most notably in group testing
- Enables users to pass parameters directly to the Java Runtime Environment to tweak performance and handle exceptions
- Incorporates patches and fixes for outdated dependencies providing a more secure application
- Updates branding and colors to meet current Cycle brand standards
- Removed User Portal link from Help menu because it was sunset in March 2022
Cycle 2.9.2 / 2022-03-01
- Addresses an issue that caused 2.9 and 2.9.1 to expire on March 1.
Cycle 2.9.1 / 2022-02-21
- Fixes an issue that kept local terminal Steps from connecting to the local terminal.
Cycle 2.9.0 / 2022-01-21
- Removed unused Conscrypt Java Security Provider which conflicted with existing connections requiring SSL. (Build 11)
- Bug fix: "I save terminal screenshot" Step updated to save to default project directory. Step was not functioning at all before.
- Changes user authentication to now use Cycle Cloud online login.
- Changes the program expiration date of March 2022 to open-ended.
- Updated links in Help menu.
- Changed install directory name from Tryon Solutions to Cycle Labs.
- Signing Certificate for installer updated to Cycle Labs.
- Adds Google pixel, triggered at each test execution, to improve usage tracking of Cycle.
Adds new Cycle Steps:
I assign files in project directory "<local_file_path>" matching regex "<regex>" to variable "<variable_name>"
I assign "<suffix>" environemnt file in project directory "<local_file_path>" to variable "<variable_name>"
I assign "<string>" to variable "<variable_name>" after being UPPER|LOWER cased
Cycle 2.8.2 / 2021-09-07
- Fixes issue with connecting to terminals via SSH.
- Fixes “I split string on delimiter into list” Step so that values from the resulting list can be accessed and copied to variables.
Cycle 2.8.1 / 2021-07-13
- Adds better error messages for Java App driver failures.
- Adds new captive shell SSH connection Steps to use a private key or port forwarding.
- Adds new SSH encrypted terminal Steps with credential parameters.
- Adds new custom web reports in Jasper format.
- Adds Java App Inspector under
Tools menu to help identify Java App elements.
- Changes default new project template to include new example Jasper reports.
- Changes default web report format to use Jasper report standard.
within logic for Java App driver steps to use Cycle's within logic instead of the Marathon Driver's.
- Fixes issue accessing Cycle's Reporting settings when Variable Blacklist is in use.
- Fixes issue causing CPU process spike when executing Vocollect Scenarios.
- Fixes issue opening Java driver if last Scenario didnt close it with
I close java app Step.
- Fixes issue with Cycle terminals recovering from xterm OSC sequences.
- Fixes issue with terminal resizing Steps not reflecting the updated terminal size in Cycle.
- Fixes terminal resize step to display resized terminal in Cycle.
Cycle 2.8.0 / 2021-04-08
- Adds a new Step for defining a port mapping for ssh connections.
- Adds improved VT220 terminal emulation support - especially around scroll regions, origin mode, and column mode.
- Adds new family of Cycle Steps for interacting with Java (Swing) applications (JavaAppDriver).
- Adds new Steps for assigning variables from a config file.
- Adds new Steps for creating SSH connections using a private key.
- Adds new Steps for Port Forwarding within SSH connections.
- Adds new Steps for replacing Cycle variables within XML and JSON.
- Adds new Steps to take and save a screenshot of the terminal.
- Adds new variable manipulation Steps.
- Adds news Steps for "I scan in web brower…".
- Adds support for new character sets for multi-byte characters in terminal emulation.
- Adds the ability to configure local and remote port forwarding for ssh connections.
- Adds the ability to use a private key when connecting to a terminal over ssh.
- Adds the new Step "I verify MOCA status is not <STATUS_NUMBER>".
- Adds the tracking of number of rows resulting for SQL queries.
- Adds an automatic screenshot to the Step
I do not see element in web for verification
- Changes the default directory structure used when creating a new project to be in line with best practices.
Cycle 2.7.1 / 2020-09-03
- Adds fuller set of examples to Step Assistant for
...In App key press Steps.
- Adds more helpful error indicating which MSQL file failed in the event of a failure executing a MOCA dataset.
- Adds the new Step
I assign USERNAME from credentials...to variable...
- Changes instructions for Edge browser web testing setup for newer version of Edge.
- Changes the Step Delay setting to only affect Steps that interact with Web, Terminal, Native App or use keyboard/mouse.
- Fixes an issue that caused the Open Project and Import Project toolbar buttons to not open the appropriate modals.
- Fixes issue with variable replacement in MOCA scripts, datasets, and local syntax for MOCA 2020.1 to use
$ variables rather than
@@ variables, read more.
- Fixes issue with Web Steps using the Once keyword not taking a screenshot if they failed.
- Fixes an issue with Cycle using the Windows default character encoding, rather than UTF-8, which caused an incorrect response in terminal interactions involving
Cycle 2.7.0 / 2020-05-29
- Adds new section to Cycle's Project Directory panel for creating, viewing, and editing of Example Sets within Cycle, read more.
- Adds a Safe Delete for tags that only deletes if a tag is not used by any other Example Sets.
- Adds a new menu item for
File > Recent > Projects to easily reopen recent projects.
- Adds a new web Step for "I see element is clickable".
- Adds comma separated view for rows with multiple tags in Example Sets.
- Adds instructions to empty state of Example Sets lists to direct user when data store has not been configured.
- Adds the ability to rename existing Example Sets.
- Adds the ability to sort or filter Example Set rows by all columns including tags.
- Adds the ability to tab between cells of an Example Set in the main viewer.
- Adds the option to delete example sets from the context menu.
- Adds validation logic for column names in Example Set Viewer.
- Adds validation to Example Sets to disallow duplicate column names.
- Changes Data Store Connection settings to a top-level option on the Project Settings panel.
- Changes Data Store Connection settings to be locked while there are unsaved changes in one or more open Example Sets.
- Fixes an issue causing Cycle to lag significantly when closing or opening a project with many tabs open.
- Fixes an issue that stopped Cycle from opening saved playlists under certain conditions.
- Fixes an issue with the unsaved changes indicator not always displaying on Example Set tabs with unsaved changes.
- Fixes an issue with the View Details button on passed terminal steps not opening the details dialog box.
Cycle 2.6.1 / 2020-04-02
- Adds new Steps "I assign dollar variables (Comma Separated List) to MOCA environment variables" as well as an "adding prefix..." version
- Adds new Step "I assign chevron variables (Comma Separated List) to dollar variables adding prefix..."
- Adds new Step "I verify variables (Comma Separated List) are assigned"
- Adds new Step "I unassign variables (Comma Separated List)"
- Adds new Step "I verify screen is done loading in terminal"
- Fixes an issue with html reports not always generating after Cycle CLI executions.
- Fixes an issue with how Cycle logs usage.
Cycle 2.6.0 / 2020-02-28
- Adds a Step for "I see element is clickable" to validate web element clickability.
- Adds a Step to open headless chrome browser and a new setting to default to a headless webdriver of remote machines.
- Adds new 24 month version sunset policy.
- Adds improved performance for SSH terminal Group Tests.
- Adds new Step to assign all chevron variables to MOCA environment variables and add a prefix to them.
- Adds new Step to assign duration in seconds or ms since the start of a test to a variable.
- Adds new Step to assign the execution id of the currently running test to a variable.
- Adds new Step to click in an element and drag a specified number of pixels up/down and right/left.
- Adds new Step to unassign a variable.
- Adds new Step to verify a given Scenario exists.
- Adds new Step to verify that Cycle's terminal is in the expected state.
- Adds new Steps to type the username or password from saved credentials into the terminal, app, or browser.
- Adds option to add additional tuning parameters for group tests in an external file.
--token argument in Cycle CLI to
--user to specify user profile to use for execution.
- Changes Cycle-CLI Group test execution to not show full console output.
- Changes how Cycle licensing works to greatly reduce connection issues blocking license validation.
- Changes references to "devices" in Group Tests to instead use "workers" for consistency.
- Fixes an issue where Group Tests run through Cycle-CLI required a tag argument.
Cycle 2.5.0 / 2019-12-20
- Adds a Help & Support section into the Cycle Client for streamlined support ticket creation and log file packaging.
- Adds a new Dark mode to Cycle client.
- Adds ability for Scenario Outlines to use data imported from external sources: CSV files, SQL databases, MSQL databases, Data store. More info
- Adds new Notifications pane to Cycle's Project Directory panel to view recent notifications.
- Adds new settings for storing Connections and Credentials in Cycle.
- Adds a new failure setting for group tests: "Restart failed workers"
- Adds new Web API Steps for basic operations including
- Adds a new setting for users to specify JVM arguments for Cycle on startup.
- Adds a new Step to convert a specific list of chevron variables into dollar variables.
- Adds "View Details" button to Scenario Outline iteration failures for clearer insight into failure details.
- Adds a popup with more details on some Cycle notifications.
- Adds ability to create a log package of Cycle's recent activity for support case troubleshooting.
- Adds ability to deselect the selected worker in a Group Test.
- Adds access to an open port for monitoring Cycle's activity.
- Adds autofill suggestions for the new Scenario Outline data source options.
- Adds Copy button to error message popups for easier troubleshooting.
- Adds H2 as an option to the data extract tool.
- Adds moon/sun icon to Cycle status bar to toggle dark mode.
- Adds more helpful error message when trying to execute a test without a valid license.
- Adds new Color Mode setting in
Edit > Preferences to switch to Dark mode.
- Adds new Cycle data store schema to support running Scenario Outlines with data store variables.
- Adds new Step for assigning a specific numbered item from a delimited list to a variable.
- Adds new Step for assigning all chevron variables to dollar variables.
- Adds new Step for assigning the value resulting from a WebAPI call to a variable.
- Adds new Step for MOCA connections that uses stored Connection and Credential information.
- Adds new Steps for working with JSON in Cycle.
- Adds pagination to Output panel results for better performance.
- Adds performance improvements to terminal monitoring view for group tests.
- Adds tags to datastore schema for greater flexibility with Scenario Outline datastore examples.
- Adds the ability to multi-select playlist items for quick removal.
- Adds truncation for long steps and error messages in Output Panel.
- Adds web Step for "I save web browser screenshot".
- Changes Group Test output to only display once a worker is selected.
- Changes the TCP port used by winapp driver to be a random one to help with multiple instances of Cycle running on VMs.
- Fixes an issue that caused Cycle to crash if verbose logging was on during a Group Test.
- Fixes an issue that caused the HTML reports to lose their formatting.
- Fixes an issue where HTML reports for large tests would sometimes fail to generate.
- Fixes an issue where the Step details popup window would not open.
- Fixes an issue with enabling the keyboard in a Group Test terminal not always working.
- Fixes an issue with HTML reports not linking to inner scenarios correctly.
- Fixes an issue with key-press steps not matching on the full word "Control".
- Fixes an issue with Tags after Examples in a Scenario Outlines not getting the correct formatting.
- Fixes an issue with terminals no longer showing underlines when the font size is changed.
- Fixes an issue with terminals taking longer to load by recycling Cycle's already open xterm instances.
- Fixes an issue with the correct styling not being applied to a commented-out Scenario Outline example.
- Fixes an issue with the pagination of results on larger tests.
- Fixes an issue with the Project Directory not always refreshing properly.
- Fixes an issue with the Step "I open JDA screen..." not working for screens that contained dashes in their names.
- Fixes an issue with cursor jumping to an unexpected position when switching between files.
- Fixes an issue with I enter, I scan, I type, Steps sometimes taking longer than they should.
- Fixes output panel performance issues.
- Fixes performance issue with Cycle's terminals lagging due to sizing issues.
- Fixes performance issues with Group Test monitoring view.
Cycle 2.4.0 / 2019-07-18
- Adds new steps for interaction with native apps
- Adds a button to bottom corner of the Inspector Panel to easily access the ETL tool
- Adds a new Cycle Step to clear the contents of the clipboard to ensure a clean starting position
- Adds ability to close the find function by pressing escape
- Adds ability to press enter key to move to next match in the Find function
- Adds full support for F-keys and PF keys for terminal interactions
- Adds images into reports for any failed steps in Native App tests
- Adds new button to hide/collapse Cycle's Project Directory panel
- Adds new Cycle Step to copy the file path of the current project directory into a variable
- Adds new logic to take a screenshot of the browser when any Web Step fails
- Adds new Step for "I copy content to clipboard"
- Adds new steps for interaction with native apps
- Adds Password Reset functionality into the Cycle client
- Adds the ETL folder to the default project template so Cycle does not need to warn you that it doesn't exist when opening the ETL tool
- Adds WinApp Steps that can capture a specific attribute of a given object
- Changes Project Directory Panel to be collapsible
- Changes Reports directory to be relative to the current Project directory
- Changes Step Details popup window to be resizable and movable
- Changes the Project Settings panel to overlay the Project Directory rather than expanding from it
- Fixes an issue Cycle with scaling poorly at certain sizes
- Fixes an issue that made it more difficult to edit file paths in Group Tests
- Fixes an issue where clicking the details button would open multiple popup windows
- Fixes an issue where closing the find/replace tool moved the cursor
- Fixes an issue where Cycle could only handle 2 concurrent Webdrivers
- Fixes an issue where the left side of the terminal would be cut off in certain circumstances
- Fixes an issue with Cycle Project files becoming corrupted in certain situations
- Fixes an issue with long variable names not displaying correctly in output panel
- Fixes an issue with Scenario Outlines called from other Scenarios not failing when they should have
- Fixes an issue with Step descriptions in the Step Assistant tab not getting the correct formatting
- Fixes an issue with the output panel getting stuck during execution
- Fixes an issue with the Step Details popup not scaling images properly
- Fixes an issue with the Step verifying that a process is running being case sensitive; this Step is not case insensitive
- Fixes an issue with the terminal screen not getting fully captured in the details popup from the execution results
- Fixes an issue with verifying a variable is equal to a number
Cycle 2.3.0 / 2019-04-22
- Adds a new web Step:
I clear all text in element "<ELEMENT_ID>" in web browser
- Adds additional functionality to the
Test Connection button in Data Store Connection settings to also verify whether the Data Store schema is using the latest version.
- Adds additional support for custom Key Mapping files including PF1-PF4 keys and F keys up to F44.
- Adds better helper text for Element IDs in web Steps to make it easier to write a valid Step.
- Adds bottom labels under some settings for additional clarification.
- Adds line numbers to the errors section of HTML reports to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Adds loading spinner on login button for visual feedback while credentials are being verified.
- Adds MOCA connection authorization via RP/JDA authorization tables.
- Adds more helpful error message if the Step
I execute MOCA dataset "<DATASET_DIRECTORY_PATH>" cannot find the file specified.
- Adds new Data Store schema with tables for captured images and terminal screens.
- Adds new look to find/replace function in editor.
- Adds new setting to adjust terminal font size.
- Adds new Steps for
I SHIFT click element... and
I CTRL click element....
- Adds new Steps for executing Groovy inline and through Groovy scripts.
- Adds the publishing of a Cycle
Application ID for MOCA connections to aid in limiting Cycle's production access when appropriate.
- Adds tracking for database schema version to tell Cycle what to include in Data Store reports.
CLIENT_ID to some Steps that were missing those parameters and needed them.
- Changes Help Menu to contain a link to the Cycle Help Center.
- Changes button for
Create Database Tables under Data Store Connection to
Create/Update Database Tables to reflect extended functionality of updating the Data Store schema.
- Changes Cycle-CLI log file to no longer print some unhelpful parsing information.
- Changes layout for Find/Replace function.
- Changes layout of Inspector Panel - tabs are now buttons in top-left corner and panel is collapsible from bottom-left corner.
- Changes the Step
Given I press <MINIMIZE|MAXIMIZE|CLOSE|RESTORE|FIND|SAVE|NEW|COPY|CUT|PASTE> Shortcut to remove the full list of pipe-separated values from the Step itself and add them as examples in the Step Assistant.
- Changes the Steps
I save screenshot and
I save screenshot as "<FILE_PATH>" to include screenshot images in web reports and Data Store whether or not the “save matched images” setting is turned on.
- Fixes a bug with some of our web Steps where the elements list was reversed when looking for the "Nth element" on a page with iFrames.
- Fixes a few variable assignment Steps that were being affected by the Step Delay setting but should not have been.
- Fixes a rounding issue with image match correlation settings.
- Fixes an issue that caused Projects to take longer than normal to load.
- Fixes an issue where Cycle was not releasing license under certain circumstances.
- Fixes an issue where results would disappear from the Output pane if certain errors occurred.
- Fixes an issue where Step suggestions showed duplicates of the same Step.
- Fixes an issue where the autocomplete function would overwrite values that had been entered.
- Fixes an issue with start and end times not including milliseconds in Data Store.
- Fixes issue where Output Panel would show nothing if a test failed before executing first Step.
- Fixes some error messages that referenced old locations of settings.
Cycle 2.2.1 / 2019-02-18
- Adds a button to test Email Summary report settings.
- Adds a line counter for each file Cycle is reading from for smoother CSV interaction.
- Adds a prompt warning the user of currently running tests before closing Cycle.
- Adds ability to drag and drop files from one folder to another in the Project Directory panel.
- Adds better error messages if Cycle is unable to delete a file.
- Adds in more helpful error message when Cycle is unable to validate license.
- Adds in more helpful info when available for MOCA errors.
- Adds more helpful Cycle-CLI error messages.
- Adds new option in
Project settings > Advanced settings for SSL validation through a Truststore file.
- Adds Step "I open local terminal"
- Adds support for either forward slashes or backslashes in file path references throughout Cycle.
- Adds Telnet negotiation support for Cycle to have direct interaction with Windows Telnet service.
- Changes behavior of the Enable Keyboard in Group Tests option to also select the terminal clicked on.
- Changes Data Store connection fields to not show inapplicable fields for MOCA Databases.
- Changes output for Image Match steps to use the same units as the associated setting.
- Changes the "I stop tracing" Step to "I stop MOCA tracing" for better clarity.
- Fixes an issue breaking normal functionality of the "I open JDA screen..." Step.
- Fixes an issue displaying images in some HTML reports.
- Fixes an issue where line numbers referenced in error messages were incorrect.
- Fixes an issue where Open and Save dialogs would not default to the current Project directory.
- Fixes an issue where renaming a Feature in the file browser did not update the tab name of the open Feature.
- Fixes an issue with "I execute MOCA script..." forcing file paths to be relative.
- Fixes an issue with MOCA connections being blocked by SSL Certificate issues even if setting for
Skip SSL Validation was turned on.
- Fixes an issue with pauses inside of inner Scenarios not being forwarded properly.
- Fixes an issue with the H2 logging creating a bunch of extra db files.
- Fixes an issue with the subject line of Email Summary reports saying "Root Node Failed" instead of the Feature name.
- Fixes Data Store connection fields to not show inapplicable fields for MOCA Databases.
- Fixes issue where "Test Failed" notification in message bar would not show relevant details on the cause of failure.
- Fixes issue where Cycle would jump focus to the top line in certain cases.
Cycle 2.2.0 / 2019-01-24
- Adds new setting for Variable Blacklisting to mask values of blacklisted variables in Cycle output and reports.
- Adds support for 5-digit port numbers in Steps that reference specific ports.
- Adds "Line Wrapping" setting to have longer Steps wrap to multiple lines.
- Adds Project Name parameter to Cycle-CLI.
- Adds additional Step for connecting to H2 databases that require a
filepassword and a
- The majority of settings formerly found in Cycle Preferences have been moved to the Project Settings panel. More Info
- Existing Cycle files will need to be imported as Projects after updating to this version.
- Cleaner output from Cycle-CLI tests, extra details related to logging moved to log file.
- Fixes an issue recalling blacklisted variables in certain circumstances.
- Fixes an issue with captured images not being saved into the correct directory.
- Fixes issue with Playlists not executing Features located in subdirectories.
- Fixes issue with Login and Logout functions hanging briefly.
Cycle 2.1.1 / 2018-11-19
- Fixes an issue with Data Store connection to MOCA not using the specified port when one is included in MOCA Server URL.
- Fixes an error caused by restarting a terminal in a Group Test while logging results to H2 database.
- Fixes an implementation error with
If I see image... Step.
Cycle 2.1.0 / 2018-11-05
- Adds Microsoft Edge support for web Steps.
- Adds new prompt on quit of Cycle to save all unsaved files.
- Adds ability for all test types to log results to a CSV file.
- Adds new reporting settings to log results directly to a Data Store (JDBC, MOCA, H2).
- Adds empty state message to File Browser to guide new user on a fresh install on how to set a Resource Directory.
- Adds image of what was in terminal to results for
I see...in terminal Steps.
- Improves performance and reduces system resources used when running Group Tests.
- Expands support for all test types to report to a CSV file.
- Fixes Steps
I maximize Cycle and
I minimize Cycle.
- Fixes user prompt Steps hanging and not prompting the user.
- Fixes broken status icon on stopped Playlists.
- Fixes issue with
I open new tab in web browser Step in Internet Explorer.
- Fixes issue with
I press keys...in terminal Step failing when it should not.
Cycle 2.0.2 / 2018-09-28
- Adds "Jump to first error" option to context menu in Output Panel.
- Adds more intuitive drag and drop behavior when creating Group Tests.
- Updates auto-suggest when saving Feature files to suggest current name of the tab.
- Adds new Step for connecting to H2 databases.
- Adds support for legacy MOCA socket connections.
- Adds better error handling for invalid MOCA connection attempts.
- Adds activity indicator for Data Extract tool.
- Adds "Pertinent Settings" section to Step Assistant tab.
- Adds "Go to line" functionality to context menu in Output Panel.
- Adds option for "Verbose log files" to Advanced Settings.
- Adds new Step for closing SQL connections.
- Adds support for Enter key to login dialog.
- Includes worker name in output of Group Tests.
- Updates support email address displayed in Help menu.
- Updates Output Panel behavior to auto-scroll when an individual worker is selected.
- Increases performance for some back end processes.
- Increases performance on longer-running Group Tests.
- Increases performance on larger-volume Group Tests.
- Scrolling improvements added for Output Panel.
- Improves performance for terminal-based executions.
- Updates branding on email summary report to use latest Cycle logo.
- Improves performance of Output Panel for Playlists and Group Tests.
- More helpful error messages when Cycle cannot locate an element within a larger element.
- Improves stability after resetting terminals as a Step during Group Tests.
- Better stability for navigating around Cycle while Data Extract Tool is running.
- Updates Terminal Recording to use the screen size specified in the "Connect to terminal server" dialog.
- No longer allows a Group Test to begin execution without a Group Name, Feature File, and CSV file.
- Fixes issue with
I execute MOCA dataset… Step stalling.
- Addresses issue with Cycle locking up if an individual worker in a Group Test is selected.
- Fixes inverse ordering of Steps in HTML reports.
- Fixes issue with
I prompt… Step hanging on execution.
- Fixes overlapping issue with line/column indicators on Cycle's terminal.
- Fixes issue with reports failing to generate for Cycle-CLI executions.
- Fixes overlapping issue with some Playlist and Group Test rows.
- Fixes issue causing UI to lock up when opening and modifying Group Tests in multiple tabs.
- Fixes issue where Cycle would continue execution after a given Feature, Playlist or Group Test was closed manually.
- Fixes issue accessing $row_count variable from MOCA command.
- Updates some replacement Step suggestions.
- Fixes issue with saving tags for Group Tests.
- Fixes issue with Pause and Stop not responding during some executions.
- Fixes issue with executed Scenarios not displaying in chronological order on Web reports.
- Fixes issue with
I open new tab in web browser Step causing an error in Chrome. For IE,
I press keys "CTRL+T" still preferable.
- Fixes issue with restarting a device in a Group Test causing the whole Group Test to freeze up.
- Fixes issue with Terminal Recording not outputting valid Steps.
- Fixes issue where selecting a tag for Group Test execution would affect the selection of other tags.
- Fixes issue where Cycle would hang if license key was not properly encrypted.
- Fixes issue with Cycle-CLI aborting at the end of execution.
- Fixes issue where MOCA commands would still execute after MOCA connection was closed.
- Fixes issue with Enable/Disable keyboard button in Cycle Ribbon not being clickable when it should be.
- Fixes issue with Cycle recording incorrect cursor positions during Terminal recording.
- Fixes issue with dragging Feature Files from file browser into Group Tests.
- Fixes issue with placeholder text in Group Test fields not disappearing when clicked.
Cycle 2.0.1 / 2018-07-11
- Adds a default timeout of 120 seconds to the Step:
I navigate to "<URL>" in web browser.
- Adds support for WIN key in key-press Steps.
- Ports forward the user variable
lastMocaCommand that was available in previous Cycle versions.
- Adds replacement Step information to hover text for deprecated Steps in the Editor.
- Adds support for arrow keys to desktop recording tool.
- Ports forward two additional Steps from version 1.11:
I hold down keys <KEY_OR_KEY_COMBINATION> and
I release keys <KEY_OR_KEY_COMBINATION>.
- Fixes issue that kept the following Step from recognizing images:
I click "Image:<IMAGE_FILE_PATH>" with correlation <NUMBER> within <NUMBER> seconds.
- Improves error messages for
I do not see... image Steps so they are less confusing.
- Fixes unexpected errors when stopping a Playlist.
- Fixes an issue in a specific context where closing a tab without saving would freeze Cycle.
- Fixes subject line of Email Summary reports for Group Tests so they correctly indicate pass or fail.
- Makes pause functionality work with terminal validation and key-press Steps.
- Fixes pause functionality when executing web and terminal tests.
- Corrects timestamp in CSV reports for devices that were reset during Group Test execution.
- Corrects Group Test web reports so they include Steps if that setting is selected in Cycle's Preferences.
- Fixes issue that allows terminal connection Steps to pass even when invalid server information is provided.
- Fixes the following Step so it catches error messages displayed in the terminal:
I see error message "<ERROR_MESSAGE_TEXT>" in terminal.
- Enables multiple tags to be selected and run in a Group Test without error.
- Corrects issues with the identifier being recognized when executing these deprecated MOCA Steps:
identifier <LOAD|SUBLOAD|DETAIL|LOCATION> "<TEXT>" contains <NUMBER> units and
identifier <LOAD|SUBLOAD|DETAIL|TRAILER> "<TEXT>" is in location "<TEXT>".
- Makes the following deprecated Step work as expected:
I start tracing to trace file "<PATH_TO_FILE>".
- Fixes reversed parameters in the following Steps:
I assign next value from sequence "<SEQUENCE>" to "<VARIABLE_NAME>" and
I get the next value for sequence "<TEXT>" as "<TEXT>".
- Enables terminal key-press Steps to press alphanumeric keys.
I execute SQL script "<SQL_FILE_PATH>",
I clean out data from SQL dataset "<PATH_TO_CLEANUP>", and
I execute cleanup script for SQL dataset "<DATASET_DIRECTORY_PATH>".
- Fixes unexpected error received when executing deprecated
RF line contains... Steps.
- Corrects issue causing Auto Complete to overwrite existing valid Step when the Enter key is pressed.
- Enables Inspector Panel to detect tags separated by a line break.
File > Recent menu include files created, saved, and closed within the current Cycle session.
- Corrects issue with licenses not getting valid serial numbers on Windows machines.
- Fixes reports so that angle bracketed-words (e.g., variable names) are displayed appropriately.
A major design overhaul brings new tools into Cycle’s user interface!
- The Cycle Ribbon gives quick access to buttons for inserting Scenarios, Backgrounds, After Scenarios, keywords and other content into the Editor, as well as recording terminal and desktop actions.
- A convenient File Browser panel allows easy navigation to Cycle resources.
- The Image Accessory simplifies the process of capturing images, and inserting and renaming images within Cycle Steps.
- The Cycle Preferences area brings a fresh layout to configuring Cycle.
- A handy New Inspector Panel to the right of the Editor includes:
- Step Assistant tab, which gives immediate info on Steps, including parameters and examples, while creating or editing a Feature.
- Settings tab, which allows for quick overrides to Cycle’s default preferences for specific Features, Playlists, or Group Tests.
- Output tab, which shows the currently executing and previously executed Steps.
- Data Extract tool redesigned to pop into side panel rather than overtaking the Editing window.
- The terminal window is now integrated into Cycle's Editor.
- Playlists and Group tests support drag-and-drop for adding/moving items.
- Feature File Editor Improvements:
- Auto Complete won't remove pre-filled parameters
- Auto Complete will flag deprecated Steps and provide replacement Steps
- Deprecated Step warnings
- Real-time tag and Scenario counters
- Improved logging to resolve support issues
- Smarter Step delay does not affect Steps that are fully contained within Cycle, such as setting variables
- Improved failure handling options
- More intuitive Group Test drill-down and navigation
- Next generation execution engine brings significant performance increase
- License check ignores SSL/TLS Certificate issues
New Steps added:
I right click element "id:loginButton" in web browser (within 3 seconds)
I verify last error is equal to "404 Page not found"
I verify scenario status is equal to "failed/skipped/passed"
I verify last error is defined
I verify last error is undefined
I verify scenario passed
I verify scenario failed